WHO works with a number of organizations that have been designated an official status, nongovernmental organizations in official relations and research institutes that are collaborating centres.
Nongovernmental organizations in official relations
- Helen Keller International
- International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness
- International Eye Foundation
- The International Council of Ophthalmology
- Organisation pour la Prévention de la Cécité
- ORBIS International
- The International Association of Lions Clubs
- Sight Savers
- World Blind Union
- World Council of Optometry
WHO Collaborating Centres
Information on WHO Collaborating Centres working with WHO in the area of vision impairment can be found on the WHO Collaborating Centres Global database. Search under ‘subject’ for ‘prevention of blindness’.