How to submit your manuscript to the Bulletin
With our web-based tracking system, we aim to streamline our processes and provide better, quicker information for authors, reviewers, and editors. Please note that the Bulletin is a fully open-access journal with no article-processing charges.
We are now inviting all authors who want to submit a paper to the Bulletin to do so via http://submit.bwho.org The web site is where authors deposit their manuscripts and editors go to read them and record their decisions. Reviewers' details are also held on the system, and when asked to review a paper, reviewers will be invited to access the site to see the relevant paper. The system is secure, protected by passwords, so that authors see only their own papers and reviewers see only those they are meant to. The system is already being used by over 30 journals. For authors in particular the system offers several benefits. The system provides all our guidance forms and allows authors to suggest reviewers for their paper - something we would like to encourage. Authors get an immediate acknowledgement that their submission has been received, and they can watch the progress of their manuscript. The record of their submission, including editors' and reviewers' reports, remains on the system for future reference.
We require all authors to supply a valid ORCID iD when submitting a manuscript. To register for an iD, please go to: https://orcid.org/register
To access the manuscript tracking system, you must first register - to do this, please follow the instructions below:
- Please go to: http://submit.bwho.org and click on "Create a new account".
- You will be prompted to enter your email address to see if an account already exists for you.
- On the next page (Step 1), enter your information in the required fields. Please be aware that we are not able to access your password information. If you forget your password, we are not able to retrieve that information for you. We are, however, able to send you a new password.
- Click on "Complete step 1" at the bottom of the page.
- An email will be sent to you asking you to verify your email address. Simply click on the URL supplied in the message.
To submit your article:
- Please go to: http://submit.bwho.org and log in using your email address and password. Before you click on "sign in" make sure that the button next to "Enter your author area" is highlighted.
- Once in your author area, click on "Submit a new manuscript".
- Fill in all of the necessary field on the Manuscript Metadata page, including the field indicated by "Policy & Practice and Research manuscripts only", "Funding" and "Author contributions". These are compulsory fields and the manuscript will be returned to you if this information is not provided.
- At the bottom of the page, click on "Save/continue".
- Fill in the Manuscript subject areas (although this is not compulsory information) then click on "Save/continue" at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the suitable Keywords then click on "Save/continue" at the bottom of the page.
- List the authors' details then click on "Save/continue" at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the file metadata information then click on "Save/continue" at the bottom of the page.
- On the following page, you will be asked to upload your file(s). Please upload your manuscript in word and not as a pdf. Formats accepted for figures are GIF, TIFF, EPS, JPEG. For tables, the system also accepts most common word processing formats. Formats that are NOT SUPPORTED include the following: Any file utilizing OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) technology to display information or embed files, Bitmap (.bmp), PICT (.pict), Excel (.xls), Photoshop (.psd), Canvas (.cnv), CorelDRAW (.cdr) and locked or encrypted PDFs. Multi-page PowerPoint files (.ppt) are not supported; one slide per file is acceptable. Your images will be converted to PDF and appended to your manuscript file. If your images are included within your manuscript file you do not need to upload them separately.
- Once the conversion of your manuscript is completed, you will receive an email asking you to proof and approve the conversion. Your article will not be considered submitted until you have completed this proofing.
For information regarding the Bulletin's uniform and submission requirements, scope and editorial policy, preparation of manuscripts, bibliographic references and copyright, please click on the following link: