Handouts on depression
The handouts available from this page provide general information on the characteristics of depression and how depression can be prevented and treated. They are intended for people who are living with depression themselves or who know someone who is. They include practical advice on what to do.
- Depression: What you should know
- Living with someone with depression?
- Worried that your child is depressed?
- Worried about the future? Preventing depression during your teens and twenties
- Wondering why your new baby is not making you happy?
- Staying positive and preventing depression as you get older
- Do you know someone who may be considering suicide?
- Do you feel like life is not worth living?
We hope you will find these materials useful for your campaign activities. Here are a few ideas for dissemination: health-care centres, doctors’ surgeries, clinics, hospitals, schools, colleges and universities, supermarkets, leisure and social clubs, places of work, places of worship, and public transport.
Each handout is being produced in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish. These versions will be made available on this website as they are finalized.