HEARTS Technical Package
The HEARTS technical package provides a strategic approach to improving cardiovascular health in countries. It comprises six modules and an implementation guide. This package supports Ministries of Health to strengthen CVD management in primary health care settings. The practical, step-by step modules are supported by an overarching technical document that provides a rationale and framework for this integrated approach to the management of NCDs.
More people die from cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) than from any other cause. Over three-quarters of heart disease and stroke related deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. The HEARTS modules are intended for use by policy makers and programme managers at different levels within Ministries of Health, and within resource limited settings, who can influence CVD primary care delivery.
The HEARTS technical package is part of the broader Global Hearts Initiative which includes two other packages that address the prevention of CVDs.
The HEARTS modules were developed under the auspices of the Global Hearts Initiative, led by WHO and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Modules in French
- Protocoles thérapeutiques basés sur des données factuelles
- Accès aux médicaments essentiels et aux technologies de santé de base
- Systèmes de suivi
Modules in Spanish
- Hábitos y estilos de vidas saludables
- Evidencia: Protocolos de tratamiento basados en la evidencia
- Acceso a medicamentos y tecnologías esenciales
- Trabajo en equipos multidisciplinarios
Modules in Russian
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Heart Association
- International Diabetes Federation
- International Society of Hypertension
- International Society of Nephrology
- Pan American Health Organization
- Resolve to Save Lives
- World Heart Federation
- World Hypertension League
- World Stroke Organization