Global Policy Group
The Global Policy Group (GPG) is an internal advisory mechanism to the Director-General, established to ensure the coherent implementation of decisions, policies and strategies of WHO across all levels of the Organization.
The GPG discusses strategic and internal policy issues relating to the programmatic and managerial work of WHO. These include:
- Global and regional political and economic issues of relevance to WHO
- Global health priorities and issues of relevance the international community, including the SDGs and health security.
- WHO programmatic priorities, including development, implementation and monitoring of the general programme of work and the programme budget
- WHO management, including management of human and financial resources, accountability and transparency
- Preparation for governing bodies and coherence between the Health Assembly, the Executive Board and Regional Committees
The GPG consists of the Director-General, Deputy Director-General, Regional Directors and the Executive Director of the WHO Emergencies Programme. The meeting is chaired by the Director-General. Relevant senior staff may be invited to meetings to brief the GPG on specific agenda items.
Summary reports of the Global Policy Group
Key WHO Information
Director-General and senior management
Governance of WHO
WHO Constitution, Executive Board and World Health Assembly
News, events, fact sheets, multimedia and contacts
International travel and health
Publication on travel risks, precautions and vaccination requirements
World Health Report
Annual report on global public health and key statistics