South Sudan launches a nationwide campaign to protect 2.5 million children against measles
4 February 2020, Juba – With the aim of vaccinating 2.5 million children against measles, a nationwide vaccination campaign is kicked off today. The campaign is a cooperation between the Ministry of Health, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF and other partners. In addition to the vaccine, the children will also receive vitamin A supplement and deworming tablets.
Ten African countries endorse cross-border collaboration framework on Ebola outbreak preparedness and response
21 October 2019 Goma - The Democratic Republic of the Congoand its nine neighbouring countries today, during a meeting of ministers, senior health and immigration officials and partners in Goma, endorsed a joint framework to strengthen cross-border collaboration on preparedness and response to Ebola virus and other disease outbreaks.
Situation and response
- Risk communication and community engagement
- Early Warning, Alert and Response System (EWARS)
- Epidemiological bulletins - South Sudan
- WHO training health workers in Yei River State
- Joint External Evaluation mission report
- Publications and resources
- Standard emergency health kits
- Country capacity strengthening