World Hepatitis Summit 2017
Date: 1-3 November 2017 Place: São Paulo, Brazil
The World Hepatitis Summit is a large-scale, global biennial event to advance the viral hepatitis agenda. It is a joint initiative between the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA). Brazil has been chosen to partner and host the World Hepatitis Summit 2017, in recognition of the country’s ongoing national initiatives and consistent international leadership in the area of viral hepatitis.
- to increase the number of countries developing practicable viral hepatitis action plans by making use of the latest public health research and technical support from WHO.
- to improve the implementation of existing viral hepatitis action plans through the sharing of best practice.
- to support clause 1.3 of WHO’s Resolution WHA67.6 which urges Member States to “promote the involvement of civil society in all aspects of preventing, diagnosing and treating viral hepatitis”.
- to discuss funding mechanisms for medicines and/or diagnostics through engagement of key stakeholders.
- to raise the profile of viral hepatitis by engagement of international top-tier media.
- to encourage and direct public health research to where it is needed by engaging key global funders.