The Global Influenza Programme (GIP) provides Member States with strategic guidance, technical support and coordination of activities essential to make their health systems better prepared against seasonal, zoonotic and pandemic influenza threats to populations and individuals.
26 - 28 March 2019
Technical Consultation on Non-pharmaceutical Public Health Measures for Mitigating the Risk and Impact of Epidemic and Pandemic Influenza, Hong Kong SAR, China
17 - 19 July 2017
Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2019-2020 northern hemisphere influenza season
Recommended composition of influenza virus vaccines for use in the 2019 southern hemisphere influenza season
Antigenic and genetic characteristics zoonotic influenza viruses and candidate vaccine viruses developed for potential use in human vaccines
Publication & event on 65 year past of GISRS
- May 2018. 65 Years of influenza surveillance by a WHO-coordinated global network. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses. DOI: 10.1111/irv.12570. Ziegler T, Cox N, Mamahit A.
- May 2018. The Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) - A Future Perspective. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses. DOI: 10.1111/irv.12565. Hay A, McCauley J.
- Feb 2018. The Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) -65 years of building trust and sharing and a role model for global health security. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. doi: 10.1111/irv.12548. Zhang W, Wood J.
- Feb 2018. Reflections on The Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS) at 65 Years: An Expanding Framework for Influenza Detection, Prevention and Control. Influenza Other Respi Viruses, 12: 10–12. doi:10.1111/irv.12511. Monto, A. S.
- WHO Meeting of National Influenza Centres. 17-19 July 2017, Geneva, Switzerland