WHO media centre: news, features, multimedia
WHO and UNICEF issue new guidance to promote breastfeeding in health facilities globally
WHO concerned about suspected chemical attacks in Syria
Nearly one billion people in Africa to be protected against yellow fever by 2026
- All news releases, statements, notes for media
- Audio recordings and transcripts from press briefings
News from WHO regions
Watch the launch event of the new Nursing Now global campaign, which aims to empower and support nurses in meeting 21st century health challenges.
"I envision a world in which everyone can live healthy, productive lives, regardless of who they are or where they live."
Responding to a Polio Outbreak
Anytime a child is paralyzed by polio in any country,WHO and its partners move fast to stop the outbreak.
Stories from countries
Committing to End TB in Children, Adolescents and Families
Viet Nam on track to End TB
Vaccination: three women in Nicaragua take a different journey towards a common goal
Fact files, online Q&As
Questions and answers
- What is hepatitis?
- Questions and answers about autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Q&A on the investigational vaccine candidate M72/AS01E
Commentaries bring the view of WHO’s leadership on current public health issues
The Lancet Commission on tuberculosis: building a tuberculosis-free world
Health must be the number one priority for urban planners
A “good birth” goes beyond having a healthy baby
- Communications officers in WHO headquarters
- Communications officers in the WHO regions
- Contact details for general information, publications, statistical data or technical problems
- For TV and radio interviews