Monitoring and evaluation
WHO has developed a number of tools to assess pharmaceutical situations in countries. This page provides links to all tools related to pharmaceutical policy, access and use.
Pharmaceutical Sector Country Profile
More information on monitoring the pharmaceutical situation in countries can be found here.
Price and availability
- MedMon - WHO Essential Medicines and Health Products Price and Availability Monitoring Mobile Application
- Measuring medicine prices, availability, affordability and price components
- Measuring medicine prices, availability, affordability and price components workbooks
More information on medicines pricing and financing can be found here.
Rational use of medicines
- How to Investigate Drug Use in Health Facilities: Selected Drug Use Indicators
- How to Investigate the Use of Medicines by Consumers
More information on the rational use of medicines can be found here.
Pharmaceutical human resources
More information on pharmaceutical human resources can be found here.
Procurement and supply
- Tools for mapping financial flows for medicines procurement and distribution, and for rapid assessment of medicines supply management systems
Data entry sheet for questionnaire for mapping partners and financial flows to support medicines procurement and supply management systems in the public health sector (spreadsheet)
Data entry sheet for rapid assessment of medicines procurement and supply management systems: questionnaire 2 (spreadsheet)
Data entry sheet for rapid assessment of medicines procurement and supply management systems: questionnaire 3 (spreadsheet)
More information on procurement and supply can be found here.
More information on governance can be found here.
Health statistics and information systems
Facility survey on access to and rational use of medicines (Level II indicators)
- WHO Operational package for assessing, monitoring and evaluating country pharmaceutical situations
Manual for the household survey to measure access and use of medicines
- Using indicators to measure country pharmaceutical situations