Medicines quality assurance
Quality assurance is a wide-ranging concept covering all matters that individually or collectively influence the quality of a product. With regard to pharmaceuticals, quality assurance can be divided into major areas: development, quality control, production, distribution, and inspections.
The Medicines Quality Assurance Programme, contributes to public health by enabling quality medicines to reach patients through:
• developing norms, standards and guidelines for quality assurance
• developing The International Pharmacopoeia
• establishing International Chemical Reference Substances (ICRS)
• collaborating with numerous stakeholders
• providing country support