Governance and Nominations Committee
The Governance & Nomination Committee (G&N) is a permanent committee of the Board. Its mandate is to improve governance effectiveness, oversee the nominations process, and address governance questions that may arise.
The G&N Committee reports to the PMNCH Board and meets at least twice per year. Additional ad-hoc meetings may be called at the request of the chair. The G&N Committee conducts business only when a majority of members are present. G&N Committee members are appointed by the Board for a two-year term, renewable once. Each member of the G&N Committee must have a designated alternate.
The G&N Committee is composed of:
- Ann Starrs (Chair), Guttmacher Institute
- David Fleming, Public Health Impact, (PATH) - NGO
- Farouk Shamas Jiwa (Mato), Merck/MSD International GmbH - PS
- Frances Day-Stirk, International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) - HCPA
- Mariam Claeson, Global Financing Facility (GFF) - GFM
- Nezamuddin Jalil, Ministry of Public Health, Afghanistan - PG
- Nosa Orobaton, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) – D&F
- Núria Casamitjana Badia, Barcelona Institute for Global Health (IS Global) - ART
- Stefan Germann, World Vision International (WVI) – FC CHAIR
- Ted Chaiban, United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) - UNA
- Tikhala Itaye, African Youth and Adolescent Network on Population & Development (AfriYAN) – AY
- Vacant – IGO