Prime Lactation Center
Ngala Elvis Mbiydzenyuy
- Child health
Priority action area(s)
- Advocate for mobilizing and aligning resources and for greater engagement
Prime Lactation Center is a not-for profit clinical, advocacy, educational and research center with a mission to protect, promote and support breastfeeding while helping parents and babies breastfeed effectively. We have been involved in home-to-home breastfeeding support and counseling programs. With our new center we are kicking off our community based breastfeeding peer counselor training program with this small scale research:
- How do most women in remote communities in the North West region of Cameroon feed their infants?
- How do these women feed their children if they are not breastfed?
- How are orphans or children of ill women fed?
- Are any of these methods likely to stigmatize HIV-positive women who use them?
- Has any local research been done on the acceptability of different methods? If yes, which ones are acceptable?
- Are there any cultural taboos against some of these feeding methods?