WHO/WAPM/EAPM/March of Dimes: Xth World Congress on Maternal and Neonatal Health
18-20 DECEMBER | ROME
WHO in collaboration with the World Association of Perinatal Medicine (WAPM), the European Association of Perinatal Medicine (EAPM) and March of Dimes, announces the Xth World Congress on Maternal and Neonatal Health, which will take place in Italy, Rome, from the 18th to the 20th of December 2011.
It will be a three day full-immersion on delivery-related topics, such as avoiding or in last instance reacting to worst case scenarios (prevention of prematurity, complications of delivery as hemorrhage or infections), with a special focus on poor resources and emergencies settings.
The event will be supported by prestigious Organizations and Associations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), March of Dimes, European Association of Perinatal Medicine (EAPM) and World Association of Perinatal Medicine (WAPM), and will feature lectures held by specialists with a broad experience in operating in developing countries.
The main topics of the meeting are:
- Access to maternal and neonatal healthcare
- Maternal-infant care in emergency
- Complications of delivery including post-partum haemorrhage
- Breastfeeding and newborn care
- Nutrition, supplementation and monitoring
- Infections and maternal and infant care
- Prevention of prematurity