The HRP Alliance for Research Capacity Strengthening
The HRP Alliance for Research Capacity Strengthening (RCS) is an initiative that brings together institutions conducting research in sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) in collaboration with WHO regional and country offices. An integral component of the Human Reproduction Programme (HRP), the HRP Alliance fulfils a mandate of supporting research capacity strengthening in low- and lower-middle income countries.
The HRP Alliance encompasses a dynamic network structure, bringing together HRP and WHO regional and country offices with RCS grant recipients, collaborating centres and HRP research partners, within a joint frame of engagement in research capacity strengthening in SRHR.
Coordinating Structure and Advisory Board
HRP Alliance is part of the Human Reproduction Programme based at the World Health Organization (WHO) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, within the Department of Reproductive Health and Research. The HRP Alliance secretariat manages the implementation of activities, and a department-wide working group provides advice and support to strategic processes and decisions.
The Advisory Board oversees the activities of the HRP Alliance and meets once a year in person and remotely every quarter to discuss past and future plans.
HRP Alliance Partners
- Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR)
- Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research
External to WHO
- The Essence network for RCS
- The Academic Network for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Policy coordinated by Ghent University
- European midwifery network
- Primary Health Care and Strengthening Health Systems (SSP / RSS)
- West African Health Organization (WAHO)
- Share-Net Netherlands