The WHO e-Learning course Training for primary care providers: brief tobacco interventions
The WHO e-Learning course “Training for primary care providers: brief tobacco interventions” is converted from Part III of WHO training package “Strengthening health systems for treating tobacco dependence in primary care”, which was published in 2013 to assist countries in taking one of their first steps towards providing comprehensive tobacco dependence treatment to all tobacco users by integrating brief tobacco interventions (brief advice) into primary care.
The WHO e-Learning course is accessible to anyone free of charge.
WHO encourages primary care providers worldwide to attend this training to improve their knowledge, skills and confidence to assist tobacco users in quitting as part of routine practice in primary care.
- Module 1: The role of primary care providers in tobacco control and tobacco dependence treatment
- Module 2: Basics of tobacco use and tobacco dependence.
- Module 3: Overview of brief tobacco interventions.
- Module 4: Asking, advising and assessing readiness to quit.
- Module 5: Dealing with low motivation.
- Module 6: Assisting and arranging for follow-up.