Report of a global meeting on yaws eradication surveillance, monitoring and evaluation Geneva, 29–30 January 2018
Objectives and expected outputs of the meeting
- 1. To develop protocols for surveys and mapping:
- confirming the presence of the disease in countries not currently reporting cases;
- determining the extent of the disease and guiding mass drug administration (MDA) in countries currently reporting cases (or where mapping still confirms cases); and
- verifying the interruption of transmission.
- To review recording and reporting forms for routine surveillance.
- To plan the implementation of mass treatment in endemic countries.
Eradication of yaws: a guide for programme managers should be used together with Eradication of yaws: procedures for verification and certification of interruption of transmission and Summary report of a consultation on the eradication of yaws, 5–7 March 2012, Morges, Switzerland.